Discover the Benefits of Individual ADD/ADHD Tutoring Online
For over 13 years, Successful Study Skills 4 Students, S4 Study Skills, has offered tutoring services to thousands of students in essential study skills, executive functions, and academic subjects. Our holistic approach guarantees that every student can reap the rewards of our expertise and support.
Our approach and tutoring processes are specifically designed to help students overcome the challenges associated with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADD/ADHD). Our goal is to equip our students with the tools and strategies they need to succeed academically and in other areas of life. Our online ADD/ADHD tutoring approach is customized to meet the unique needs of each student.
What is ADD/ADHD?
Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADD/ADHD) is a neurodevelopmental condition that affects children, adolescents, and sometimes even adults. It is characterized by challenges in attention, impulsivity, and hyperactivity.
Parents need to recognize that ADD and ADHD are more than just children being overly active or inattentive; it’s a complex medical condition that impacts various aspects of a child’s life.
There are two primary subtypes of ADHD: inattentive type and hyperactive-impulsive type, with some children displaying a combination of both.
Common signs and symptoms of ADHD include:
- Frequent loss of belongings
- Difficulty organizing tasks
- Avoidance of activities requiring sustained attention
- Making careless mistakes
On the hyperactive-impulsive side, children may:
- Interrupt others
- Struggle to remain seated
- Fidget excessively
- Have difficulty waiting their turn
In an academic setting, students with ADD / ADHD can cause students to feel frustrated and overwhelmed, ultimately impacting their academic performance.
Early diagnosis and appropriate intervention can significantly improve a child’s quality of life and overall well-being.
How Online ADD/ADHD Tutoring Helps
Our online tutoring helps students with ADD and ADHD in more ways than regular schoolwork help. Creating lifelong study skills for children with ADD/ADHD can be daunting, yet with the right strategies, academic success is absolutely attainable.
Our approach is to give each child customized support and tools that fit their own unique needs. Our tutors’ extensive experience in working with ADD and ADHD students know not only to kids interested and focused, but also teach the skills, tools, and strategies they need to become independent learners.
We teach important study skills like managing time, organizing work, starting tasks, staying focused, and taking good notes. These skills help students do better in school and learn habits they can use their whole lives. Our tutors also show students how to break big tasks into smaller parts, choose what to do first, and avoid distractions.
We help students develop good study habits that match their long-term goals, boosting their motivation and helping them learn how to organize their work and study well.
The S4 Study Skills Individual ADD and ADHD Tutoring Program
The techniques and systems typically included in students’ neuropsychological evaluation reports offer benefits to all students, regardless of whether they have ADD/ADHD/executive function deficits or not.
We recognize the value of interactive teaching techniques that create active engagement and participation in the learning process. By emphasizing a learn-by-doing approach, we encourage students to apply their knowledge and skills practically, ensuring their learning is relevant and applicable.
Here are some of the skills, tools, and strategies we teach students with ADD/ADHD, and executive function challenges, as well as those without these challenges:
Creating a Structured Environment:
- Establishing a consistent routine to promote focus and reduce stress
- Collaborating with students to develop a daily schedule that includes homework, social time, and extracurriculars.
Planning and Using a Planner:
- Emphasizing the importance of meticulous planning to navigate complex schedules
- Encouraging the use of a well-maintained planner for better organization and stress management
Breaking Down Tasks into Manageable Chunks:
- Teaching students to divide assignments into smaller pieces for improved focus and reduced overwhelm
- Instilling a sense of accomplishment through tackling smaller tasks one at a time
- Guiding students to communicate their needs and challenges openly for empowerment and problem identification
- Promoting self-awareness and confidence in navigating challenging situations effectively
Encouraging Problem-Solving Skills:
- Teaching effective problem-solving techniques, including problem identification, brainstorming solutions, and evaluating options
- Equipping students with the tools to handle stressors and challenges independently
Our ADD/ADHD Tutoring Program Goes Beyond the Basics
Another important aspect of our online tutoring program is addressing coping strategies for stress and anxiety in students with ADD/ADHD. We recognize that these challenges can significantly impact a student’s academic performance and overall well-being.
The teenage years are a challenging phase in every child’s journey, and these complexities are often amplified when Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) or Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) is in the mix.
Ignoring stress and anxiety can seriously affect your teenager’s mental health and academic performance. What’s worse, these emotional states can worsen symptoms of ADD/ADHD, leading to a problematic cycle that’s hard to break.
That’s why addressing these issues early on is crucial — it’s not just a luxury but a necessity. Proactively tackling these challenges is imperative, providing your teen with the tools to manage stress and emotions effectively. S4 Study Skills is committed to equipping your child for success, both academically and emotionally.
Inspiring a Love of Learning: Individualized ADD/ADHD Tutoring
Our personalized approach ensures that we cater to your child’s unique learning style, fostering a love of learning and academic success. With flexible scheduling, including weekends and daytime sessions, we accommodate your child’s busy lifestyle.
Structured in six-hour packages, our weekly one-hour sessions provide consistent, focused support, allowing your child to thrive in their academic journey.
Ready to see your child excel academically while learning valuable skills for a successful future?
Boost your student’s academic skills and confidence with our customized ADD/ADHD tutoring program.
Contact us by email or 203-307-5455 to get started!
Read our top 3 blog articles on ADD/ADHD
Start Unlocking Your Child’s Potential Today
Tutoring sessions are offered in six-hour packages, each typically lasting 30 minutes twice a week, or one hour a week, depending on your child. This structure ensures that your student receives consistent and focused support, and has the opportunity to build foundational skills.
Don’t wait to give your child the expert support they need to succeed in Westchester, NY.
Contact us today by email or 203-307-5455 to get started on unlocking your child’s academic potential.
Why Families Should Use
S4 For Students
How S4 Study Skills Improves Student Outcomes
We have served students throughout Middle and High Schools in Westchester and Fairfield Counties, and from everywhere online.
Greenwich, CT schools
- Brunswick School, Greenwich, CT
- Central Middle School, Greenwich, CT
- Convent of the Sacred Heart, Greenwich, CT
- Eastern Middle School, Riverside, CT
- Greenwich Academy, Greenwich, CT
- Greenwich Country Day School, Greenwich, CT
- Greenwich High School, Greenwich, CT
- Western Middle School, Greenwich, CT
Fairfield, CT Schools
- Fairfield Country Day School
- Fairfield Preparatory School
- Tomlinson Middle School
- Fairfield Woods Middle School
- Roger Ludlowe Middle School
- Fairfield Warde High School
- Ludlowe High School
Easton and Redding CT, Schools
- Helen Keller Middle School
- John Read Middle School
- Joel Barlow High School
Weston, CT Schools
- Weston Middle School
- Weston High School
Westport, CT Schools
- Greens Farms Academy
- Bedford Middle School
- Coleytown Middle School
- Staples High School
Darien, CT Schools
- Darien High School
- Middlesex Middle School
New Canaan, CT Schools
- St. Luke’s School
- New Canaan High School
- Saxe Middle School
Stamford, CT Schools
- King School
- Westhill High School
Wilton, CT Schools
- Wilton High School
- Middlebrook Middle School
Westchester, NY Schools
- Byram Hills High School Armonk, NY
- H C Crittenden Middle School Armonk, NY
- Fox Lane High School Bedford, NY
- Fox Lane Middle School Bedford, NY
- Bronxville High School Bronxville, NY
- Bronxville Middle School Bronxville, NY
- John Jay High School Cross River, NY
- John Jay Middle School Cross River, NY
- Hommocks Middle School Larchmont, NY
- Mamaroneck High School Mamaroneck, NY
- Rye Neck Middle School Mamaroneck, NY
- Rye Neck Senior High School Mamaroneck, NY
- Pleasantville High School Pleasantville, NY
- Pleasantville Middle School Pleasantville, NY
- Rye High School Rye, NY
- Rye Middle School Rye, NY
- Edgemont Junior-Senior High School Scarsdale, NY
- Scarsdale Middle School Scarsdale, NY
- Scarsdale Senior High School Scarsdale, NY